Wednesday, 8 May 2013

:)

Saw this on facebook... i think this is worth sharing ;))

Awesome UBAH moment.

We had to leave by 10.30pm, and our car was parked in what we thought was a fool-proof spot - no way anyone could have double-parked next to us. When we got back to the car, 5 superbikes and a car blocked us on either side. Mo started reversing the car inch by inch, and I asked if any of the guys standing around could help. There were hundreds of people just a few feet away from our car chanting and singing on the road outside the stadium. First, one tiny Malay boy started helping us move one of the bikes because I told him "Tolonglah bang, saya kena balik jemput dua baby saya."

Before I knew it, more and more Malay guys - maybe 8 or 9 by now - started moving the huge bikes aside so we could reverse slowly. An Indian uncle stopped to direct us on the other side of the car. And all the dozens of Chinese people rushing past on either side of the car stopped.

It took a good 25 minutes to reverse just 10 feet out onto the main road. But once everyone around us saw that we had made it, they started cheering. Seemed like hundreds of people were ecstatic that we managed to squeeze out with their help, when we would have otherwise been stuck there for hours. The Malay boys went so far as to halt the crazy oncoming traffic on the main road for us, and I got into the car to mad cheers, waving flags and vuvuzelas. Mo got out of the car to thank them, and they got even louder. I'm still having goosebumps while recollecting this experience.

To all the amazing Malaysians who helped us get out of a VERY tight spot tonite, thank you - You ARE the UBAH experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment